An endodontic, or periodontic, lesion is a process involving interaction of diseases of the pulp and periodontium.
Endodontic/Periodontic Lesion Etiology, Diagnosis, and Prognosis
These interactions or lesions are classified by etiology, diagnosis and prognosis as follows:
- Primary pulpal lesions with extension to the periradicular tissues
- Primary pulpal lesions with extension to the periradicular tissues with secondary imposition of periodontal disease
- Primary periodontal lesions
- Primary periodontal lesions with extension to the pulpal tissues
- Combined pulpal-periodontal lesions in which independent disease processes in both tissues have joined or coalesced in the periradicular tissues
- Concomitant pulpal-periodontal lesions in which disease processes exist independently in both tissues and are not apparently interrelated
Root Canal Therapy Can Help
Root canal therapy can help heal endodontic/periodontic lesions. We provide root canal therapy in Houston. If you’re in the Greater Houston area, contact us for inquiries regarding root canal therapy, today.